This contest is open to all students in grades 6 through 12, enrolled in Middle or High Schools in the Georgetown Independent School District.
CASH PRIZES FOR 3 MIDDLE AND 3 HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
First Prize is $100, Second Prize is $75, and Third Prize is $50.
Additionally, teachers of winning students will receive a $25 Gift Certificate.
- Essays shall be between 300 to 600 words.
- Prepare a separate cover page with the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your Essay Title
- Your Mailing Address and Phone Number
- Your School Name, your Teacher’s Name, and Grade
- Do NOT put your name on the essay itself.
- DEADLINE: Entries must be postmarked by Friday, March 1st, 2019.
- Submit your essay to: Georgetown Sertoma Club, Essay Contest, PO Box 853, Georgetown, TX 78627
- An independent panel of judges, whose decisions are final, will judge the essays.
- Winners will be announced on or before April 8, 2019.
Winners and their parents will be invited to read their essays at a Sertoma breakfast meeting!
- For More Information, Please Contact:
William J Holden, PhD, Director
Sertoma Essay Contest
P.O. Box 853
Georgetown, TX 78627