Sertoma National Heritage Essay Contest
- The annual essay contest is held each year after consulting with GISD school Administrators.
- The following information outlines the essay contest:
- The Georgetown Sertoma Club National Heritage Contest is held each year and open to all students grades 6-12 enrolled in Georgetown Independent School District (GISD).
Cash prizes are awarded to 3 Middle and 3 High School students:
First Prize is $100, Second Prize is $75, and Third Prize is $50.
Presidents Day is a National holiday in honor of the first president of the United States, George Washington. Celebrated on the third Monday in February, this National holiday honors all Presidents, past and present, as well as Veterans and Purple Heart recipients. We honor them by recognizing our National Heritage and how it shapes out everyday life. This years’ topic will be announced this fall after consulting with GISD administrators. The most recent Essay topic was: What Makes America Special?
- Essays shall be between 300 to 600 words
- Please do NOT put your name on your Essay
- Prepare a separate cover page with the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your Essay Title
- Your Mailing Address and Phone Number
- Your School Name, your Teacher’s Name, and Grade
DEADLINE: Will be announced Fall 2021
Submit your essay to:
Georgetown Sertoma Club
PO Box 853
Georgetown, TX 78627
- An independent panel of judges, whose decisions are final, will judge the essays.
Winners will be announced early April 2021
- For More Information, Please Contact:
- Jim Wilson
- Sertoma Essay Contest
- P.O. Box 853
- Georgetown, TX 78627